Thursday, May 1, 2008

Had a good day yesterday!

Yesterday was a good day. I had my 4th nursing test and I thought I got an 86 but when I looked at the grade book online it said I got a 90 so I will take that. I have an 89 average in the class right now, but my grade will be more like an 84 because I am gonna lose 5 points for absences, but I won't argue it. I still have a higher grade than most kids in the class after I lose my points. Plus I did the math and I only need a 40% on my final to pass...I think I can handle that!

After my test I got to go to a BBQ that one of my nursing classmates threw and it was a good time. It is kinda cool to be able to have a life, enjoy college, and have my handsome little guy too! I didn't drink, but got to play beer pong (someone drank for me), toss around the football, hang with my friends, and show off Chase. It was kinda neat that he came because everyone wanted to see him and he was the entertainment for the ladies! Not to mention the fact that everyone there has been in class with me 3-5 days a week for the whole Fall and Spring semesters and they have seen me grow so it is like they are Chase's family by default.

Here are some pics from the BBQ!
Photobucket
Who said you can't play beer pong with a baby on your chest!

Photobucket
Chase and mommy!

Photobucket
So the kid likes a beer or two, he takes after his dad!

Photobucket
Chase and his girlfriends Mindy and Gabby!

After the BBQ I came home and took a nap for a little bit. At some point Matt brought Chase down to eat and next thing I know I wake up and it is 1:30 in the morning. I slept pretty well last night and tonight we are gonna start transitioning Chase to sleep more in his cosleeper and less in the bed. I also started babywise today...maybe not quite exactly the way the book says but at least the eat wake sleep cycle. We aren't quite exact on the schedule and I give him a little rock/bounce and the pacifier before he goes down for a nap. He is so little yet and I don't want to make him completely cry it out quite yet. Now hopefully at 8-10 weeks he will start sleeping longer periods of time...only 3 weeks to go! Then when he starts going longer between night feeds I will transition him from the cosleeper to the crib. I like the cosleeper because I can just pluck him out and feed him without getting out of bed whereas with the crib I would have to get up. Now I have a month to get his sleep habits in order before I return to work so we will see how it goes!

No comments: